Healthy Fast Food? No problem with the right recipes! Because fast food doesn’t need to be bad for you!
There are many great, and above all, healthy alternatives nowadays. I already published one of them on my blog. Here’s a recipe for a healthy vegetarian burger with homemade french fries.
- No wheat! Use spelt or oat buns.
- Coconut oil - tastes delicious and is better absorbed by the body.
- Used lots of vegetables. The more colorful, the better.
- Ketchup without added sugar (available in almost every supermarket)
- Buy reduced-fat products such as Light Feta
- 2 spelt burger buns
- 1 red onion
- 1 large tomato
- 1 carrot
- salad cheddar cheese (optional)
- light feta
- 500g potatoes
- coconut oil
- ketchup without added sugar or yoghurt dip
- 1 large onion
- 200 g oatmeal
- 350 ml vegetable broth
- 1 egg
- salt, pepper
- coconut oil
- Cut the potatoes into wide sticks.
- Heat the oven at 180 degrees, using upper and lower heat.
- Season the french fries with coconut oil, salt, and paprika.
- Bake the french fries for about 30 minutes. Flip in between.
Preparation veggie patty:
- Finely chop onion and sauté with coconut oil.
- Deglaze onion with oatmeal and vegetable broth.
- Let it stew for about 15 minutes, then add the egg, and mix with salt, pepper, grated carrots, and fresh parsley.
- Shape the burger patty and fry it in a pan with coconut oil.
- When the veggie patties and french fries are ready, you can add the layers you want (salad, tomatoes, gherkins…) and serve your burgers.
I am thrilled with these delicious burgers, and they’re vegetarian to boot.=)
How do you like them?
Leave me a comment, I'm looking forward to your feedback.
Your Kathi =)