Sushi has been a food trend for more than 10 years, and with good reason. It is delicious, low-cal, and healthy.
You love sushi, and would like to make it yourself, because it’s a perfect snack? This is where you’ll learn how to make homemade sushi. You’ll have a healthy, saturating meal or takeaway for on the go in no time!
Ingredients per serving (7-8 pieces):
- 1 Nori sheet (seaweed leaf) - usually they are packaged as 6-8 pieces, you can buy them in any larger supermarket
- 125 g of cooked rice (about 60 g raw) - ideally round grain rice
- Filling: carrot, cucumber, avocado - either just one type of vegetable, or mixed. If you want it to be "non-vegetarian", use e.g. smoked salmon
- A pinch of salt, a pinch of sugar
- A small bowl with cold water, mixed with 1 tablespoon vinegar
- Soy sauce and wasabi paste (hot)
- Cut the vegetables into thin strips (approx. 0.5 cm in diameter)
- Place the Nori sheet on top. Use a little vinegar water to moisten the leaf with your hands.
- Spread the rice over it, and press firmly until compact. Leave 2 centimeters space on the upper side.
- Place the vegetables on the lower third, and roll them in - really tight. Rock the finished roll back and forth a few times with a bit of pressure.
- Cut the roll into 1.5 cm thick slices with a sharp knife. Enjoy with soy sauce and a little wasabi paste!