Autumn calls for a gnocchi pumpkin stir-fry with fresh chanterelles
Well, doesn’t that simply sound amazing? Comes fall, I start to crave warm meals, which I suddenly prefer over a cold supper. And since I am currently suffering from pumpkin fever, the vegetable lands on my plate almost every day.
This gnocchi stir-fry is super delicious, vegan and made in less than 10 minutes. The perfect choice after long days at work. ;)
- Gnocchi (I choose those from Rewe, since they don’t contain egg)
- 200-300g pumpkin puree
- Fresh chanterelles (as many as you’d like)
- Fresh basil
These are all the ingredients you are going to need for your gnocchi pumpkin stir-fry! When necessary you may add pine nuts, cheese or other toppings to taste.
- Prepare gnocchi according to instructions on the package (best is to use a pan, which will turn them nicely gold brown and you can simultaneously fry the chanterelles).
- In a pan, fry the gnocchi, add the chanterelles, until gnocchi and mushrooms turn gold brown. Then add the pumpkin puree and stir well.
- Add the chopped basil, and voila, your gnocchi pan is ready! Bon appetit!