Delicious Is Fun! Even More So With This Famous Tex-Mex-Classic
I love wraps! Unfortunately, these delicious tortilla dishes aren’t exactly in the healthy category. As an enthusiastic outdoor fan, I depend on a healthy, balanced diet, otherwise I'll quickly be out of breath. Especially at height in the mountains, I always have to be aware of feeling dizzy or nauseous. That is why it's important for me to eat balanced meals, which provide me with the nutrients I need. Whether it is climbing, trekking, mountain biking, surfing, or yoga – I only feel healthy and fit with a proper diet.
I enjoy eating, and don’t like keeping to a strict diet. The wraps are made exclusively with healthy food products. All the ingredients are balanced to provide the body with important nutrients. Fascinating fillings such as hummus, quinoa, goat cheese, or avocado make the wraps taste totally amazing! Who says healthy has to taste boring...
Ingredients: (2 servings)
- 1 zucchini
- 1 handful cherry tomatoes
- ¼ red onion
- 1 handful rocket salad
- 1/3 goat cheese roll
- olive oil
- Hummus: 3-4 tbsp tahini (sesame butter)
- 1 tin chickpeas
- Cut the zucchini into thin slices, brush with oil, and put on the grill.
- Cut the cherry tomatoes in half.
- Cut the onion into slices.
- Cut the goat's cheese into thin slices.
- Put the Tortillas on the grill, and cook until golden brown on both sides (if necessary, brush with a little oil).
- Remove, put on a plate and spread with hummus.
- Now layer with zucchini, tomatoes, onions, and goat's cheese.
- Add salt and pepper.
- Hummus: Puree tahini and chickpeas, add lemon, salt, pepper and cumin to taste.
- Roll up and enjoy!
Ingredients: (2 Servings)
- 1 avocado
- ½ lemon
- ½ tin beans
- some coriander leaves
- 6-8 spinach leaves
- ½ pack feta (light)
- ½ cup quinoa (I used the red ones)
- Hummus (either ready-made or follow recipe from above)
- Prepare the quinoa according to the pack. (As a rule, add ½ a cup of quinoa to 1 cup of boiling water, and let it simmer on low heat for about 15 minutes).
- Warm the tortillas in the oven.
- Peel the avocado, and remove the stone. Cut into slices, and squeeze some lemon juice on top.
- Remove the tortilla out of the oven, place it on a large plate, and cover it with hummus.
- Mix the quinoa with the beans, coriander and feta.
- Add the quinoa mixture to the tortillas.
- Now layer with spinach leaves.
- Roll up and you’re done!
I hope I was able to inspire you. It's my birthday next week, and I've invited many friends. Guess what we are eating? Right, everyone creates their own favorite wrap, and I have no stress of standing in the kitchen for hours.
Feel free to take a look at my blogas well!
All the best, Jana (: