Healthy snacks without remorse? We show you three yummy recipes for the bite on the go
After the Christmas season with its sweet temptations, my body feels as if it were on withdrawal in January. I have a strong craving for sweets, and picking up chocolate and chips seems tempting. But my pants tweak, and then there’s also my new year’s resolution to live healthier. But there is a solution: guilt-free snacking! I'll tell you my favorite recipes for healthy snacks. It may sound boring, but it is not! I'll show you 3 tasty recipes for healthy snacks that taste neither healthy nor dull. One even contains chocolate - how does that sound?
Healthy snacks can taste delicious. I'll show you how! Cinnamon, fruits, and chocolate are only 3 of the secret ingredients. Enjoy two sweet treats and a salty snack:
- Carrot fries with lemon yogurt
- Chocolate tangerines
- Apple-Cinnamon doughnut
For those who like to eat salty, I recommend the warm carrot french fries with a lemon yogurt dip. This snack is also suitable as a small, carbohydrate-free dinner.
- 2 Carrots
- 1 tsp of olive oil or rapeseed oil
- 25 g Parmesan (grated)
- Thyme (to taste)
- 150 g yoghurt
- ½ lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Peel carrots and cut into stripes.
- In a bowl, mix with oil, salt, pepper, spices and Parmesan.
- Then place the carrots in the oven (middle rail) for 15-20 minutes. Done!
- While the carrot fries are simmering in the oven, prepare the yoghurt.
- For this, mix the lemon and pepper with the yoghurt to your preference.
- Now you can dip the carrot fries into the lemon yogurt.
The healthy snack of tangerines and chocolate is prepared in an instant. Instead of tangerines, you can also use other fruits such as strawberries, raspberries, pears, apples, bananas, or blueberries.
- 3 Tangerines
- 50 g of bitter chocolate
- Melt the chocolate in a water bath over medium heat.
- Then dip the fruit into the chocolate. The higher the cocoa content of the chocolate, the healthier your snack will be.
Extend your Christmas season a little with this healthy snack. Sweet chips from soft apple rings with a smoky cinnamon mantle remind you of St. Nicholas and Advent.
- 3 small apples
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp sugar (the healthier version is without sugar)
- ½ tsp rapeseed oil (if on hand, for spraying)
- Core the apples and cut them into slices.
- Place the apple slices in a bowl and mix with cinnamon (or sugar). I added some oil. This can also be omitted, or sprayed on once the slices are on the baking sheet.
- Place the apple rings on the baking tray and bake at 200°C for 10-15 minutes (depending on how you cut the slices).
Check the apples regularly. They burn very quickly.
If you’re too lazy to prepare something yourself, you can, of course, rummage around in the supermarket for healthy snacks. Be aware, however, that some sugar or fat traps hide in there. You can buy these snacks without hesitation: