This fall is going to be all about delicious pumpkin recipes and my absolute highlight amongst them is yummy pancakes
I am usually very much a summer person. Cold days are really not for me. My only fall highlight, is something I am looking forward to all year - it is the pumpkin season! Pumpkin straight out of the oven, pumpkin soup,… I just love it! As a big plus, it is really healthy, too! My love for pumpkin goes so far, that I even have it for breakfast. And what better way to start the day than with sweet pumpkin pancakes. They only need very few ingredients and the consistency is incredible.
Ingredients for your pumpkin pancakes:
- 150 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 75 g pumpkin puree (cut pumpkin, cook and puree it)
- 2-3 tbsp Xylit or sugar substitute of your choice
- 1,5 tbsp backing powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- 180 ml plant-based milk (hazelnut, almond, etc.)
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1,5 tsp pumpkin spice (3 tbsp cinnamon, 2 tsp ground ginger, 2 tsp nutmeg, 1,5 tsp ground cloves)
Preparation of your pumpkin pancakes:
- Give the flour into a big bowl, add dry ingredients, the sugar substitute (e.g. Xucker) and backing powder, blend everything well.
- Add the plant-based milk and coconut oil. Stir once and add pumpkin spice and puree. Make sure to blend it all together well, until you reach a smooth consistency.
- Prepare the pan and fry the dough at medium to high heat with a little coconut oil. I usually use about 1-2 tbsp.
- Right when you see little bubbles in the dough, it is time to flip the pancakes.
- Once they are ready, you can top them according to taste!
I hope you will find them as good as I do! Please, feel free to leave me a feedback about your recreation and follow me on Instagram, where you find me as @recoveringlara. :)