A smoothie that might help preventing cancer - And we have a delicious and vegan recipe
Pumpkin, turmeric and cinnamon - three delicious and healthy ingredients! This smoothie is not only autumn inspired, but also contains plenty of vitamins that will protect you from catching a virus. ;)
Ingredients for your smoothie:
- 200 g pumpkin
- 1 pinch of cinnamon
- 150 ml almond milk
- 15-30 g vanilla protein
- 1 pinch of turmeric
Preparation of your smoothie:
- Start by washing your pumpkin, then cut it into little pieces.
- Give the pieces into the blender and add the other ingredients.
- Blend well and enjoy!
Ingredients for your pumpkin soup:
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 small pumpki
- 3 big carrots
- ca. 5 potatoes
- 1 piece of ginger
- 1 l vegetable stock
- 1 tsp curry
Preparation of your pumpkin soup:
- Start by peeling onion and garlic, then chop both.
- Wash the pumpkin, cut in half and cut off the top part. Take out the edible part and remove the seeds from the core! By the way, the peel of Hokkaido pumpkin is edible too!
- Then peel and chop the ginger.
- Cut carrots and potatoes into thin slices.
- In a big pot, sauté onions and garlic, then fry for 5 minutes.
- Now you may add the carrot slices. Add pumpkin and potatoes and fry for 3-5 minutes more, before you deglaze with vegetable stock. Leave the stock to boil up, then lower to medium heat.
- Add ginger and curry powder.
- Cook for 25 minutes until the pumpkin is soft.
- Take the soup off the stove, then puree with a hand-held blender.
- You may heat up the soup one more time and garnish it with basil. Bon Appetit!