Pancakes have become real social media superstars
People with a sweet tooth should watch out now! Every Sunday our Instagram feeds fill up with pancake pictures. The weekend allows us to spend more time making breakfast, and that is just what you need to make pancakes. The thought of fresh, light pancakes with delicious toppings makes anyone hungry.
Would there not be one tiny problem: Traditional American pancakes are stuffed with sugar, white flour and butter, making them anything but healthy.
But pancake-lovers must not give up, we have the salvation for health-conscious foodies: Two pancake recipes for you and your next Sunday breakfast!
- 100 g buckwheat flour
- 1 chia egg (1 tbsp chia seeds + 3 tbsp water)
- 1 tsp flaxseeds
- 1 tsp apple vinegar
- 90 ml mineral water
- 50 ml plant-based milk
- some baking powder
- some vanilla or vanilla flavor drops
- oil for frying
Preparation of vegan pancakes:
- Give all dry ingredients in a bowl and blend well.
- Blend all wet ingredients in a separate bowl (except chia-egg).
- Give the chia-egg to the dry ingredients and then add those slowly to the wet ingredients.
- Mix everything well and leave the dough to rest 15 minutes.
- Fry at medium heat until golden brown (as soon as you see bubbles, the dough is ready to be flipped).
- 30 g whole grain flour
- 40 g protein powder vanilla
- 1 banana
- 2 egg whites
- 1 dash of mineral water
- 1 tsp baking powder
Preparation of basic pancakes:
- Give all ingredients into a blender and process.
- Let the dough rest.
- Pan-fry with a little oil until golden brown.
- Bon appetit!