Eating sweet foods is possible without sugar - we’ll show you two delicious recipes you’re going to love!
Today I’ve brought you two delicious vegan recipes, both free from sugar! A perfect fit for the #sugarfreechallenge! By the way, I’ve created this challenge myself and you can soon find it in the 3dots-App! :)
One of the two recipes is my beloved granola and the other my version of the perfect chocolate brownie. In the original recipes, both of these two meals were loaded with sugar!
Granola is the super crunchy version of muesli. The perfect topping for smoothie bowls and yogurt, or simply enjoyed with almond milk. Also a great snack when traveling, granola is a healthy and sweet alternative to most snack bars.
The main ingredients are oats and buckwheat flakes. Buckwheat is gluten-free, contains a big quantity of B-vitamines and protein and is therefore perfectly suited to be used as a gluten-free alternative to oatmeal. Should you be unable to find buckwheat flakes, then you can simply use oats!
Sugar alternative: Dates
Ingredients for your Granola:
- 250 g buckwheat flakes, sprouted if possible
- 250 g oats
- 50 g soy flakes
- 125 g almonds
- 30 g flaxseed
alternative: sunflower seeds or chia seeds
- 1 cup coconut flakes
- 30 g dates, chopped
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1-2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup coconut oil, liquid
Preparation of the Granola:
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius.
- Give buckwheat, oats, soy, nuts and coconut flakes into a bowl. Heat the coconut oil in a pot. Give the wet ingredients into the bowl and blend well.
- Now add flaxseed and the dates and again, blend well.
- Give the dough onto a baking tray, covered with parchment paper. The granola bakes at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes.
- The flip the granola using a spatula and give it back into the oven for another 10 minutes until crunchy.
- The granola can be stored in a mason jar or glass! Voilá!
Time to get creative with your snack and breakfast ideas. As I said before, this yummy granola never survives for too long in my house!
This recipe is very simple and even healthier than the first version, which I’ve published some time ago on my website!
And I’ve created yet another recipe for lovers of all things vanilla-flavored: Protein blondies!
Sugar alternative: Coconut blossom sugar or erythritol.
Ingredients for your Brownies:
- 250 g peanut flower
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 2 tbsp coconut blossom sugar
- 100 ml water
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 4 tbsp cocoa nibs
- 2 walnuts, chopped
- 3 tbsp coconut oil, liquid
Preparation of the brownies:
- Give all dry ingredients except cocoa nibs and walnuts in a bowl.
- While blending, slowly add coconut oil and water.
- Give the cocoa nibs and walnuts into the dough.
- Give the blend into a baking dish covered with parchment paper. The dough should be about 3cm thick.
- Bake for 40 minutes at 180 degrees Celsius.
I hope you really enjoy these two recipes! In this case, eating healthy doesn’t mean you have to give up on sweet treats!
Should you try my brownies or the granola, tag me in your post @AlexasEarth and #AlexasEarthBowls on both Instagram and Facebook! I am so excited about your thoughts and comments!