Delicious Protein Pancake Recipes That Will Make Your Mouth Water
You love pancakes for breakfast? Me, too! When I'm on the road with my Volkswagen bus, trailing the beaches in Europe, my alarm clock rings at 7 a.m. Then I grab my surfboard, and go surfing at sunrise. Afterwards, I'm always looking forward to a good breakfast. It should be delicious and healthy. After all, I want to go surfing again later, and for this my body needs muscles and strength. To supply my body with this, I make protein pancakes! They don't just taste good, they guarantee a healthy start to the day!
Thanks to the high protein, the pancakes fill me up, and provide me with a lot of power. Instead of ending up on the hips, protein pancakes help to build muscles ideal when you're out paddling in the waves. Protein pancakes are so easy to prepare, even for those with limited cooking skills. I haven't mentioned the best yet: My pancake recipes contain only natural and healthy ingredients. They are made without any supplements like protein powder. If you think it's necessary, it can still be added. For the vegans amongst you, I found a recipe which is made completely without animal products.
Have fun baking!
Tip: If you want to find out more about a vegan lifestyle, have a look at our article “The Vegan Diet - Just a Trend, or Is There More to It”
Ingredients: (for One Person)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 Banana (120 Gramm)
- Optional: 200 Gramm Protein Powder (in this case a little milk, or sparkling water)
- Butter (for frying)
- 250 g low-fat curd cheese
- A Handful Blueberries
- Separate the egg yolks from the egg whites.
- Whisk the egg yolks, press the banana, and mix with the yolks.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff, and fold into the yolk mixture.
- If required, you can now add the protein powder (I leave it out). In this case, add a little milk or sparkling water.
- Heat a little butter in a frying pan (I always use a smaller frying pan).
- Pour in the pancake mixture, and fry until golden brown.
- Stir the curd cheese until creamy. Add a little honey to sweeten. Stir in the blueberries.
- The pancakes are best eaten warm, served with curd cheese and blueberries.
Ingredients: (for One Person)
- 1 Banana
- 1 TBSP flaxseeds
- 70 Gramm Oats (grind to flour)
- Cinnamon to Taste
- 2 TBSP Water
- Optional: soya milk, oat Milk, or other plant-based milk
- 1 TSP Olive Oil, rapeseed oil or Soya Butter (e.g. from Alpro or Provamel)
- Fruits of your choice. I used jostaberries & raspberries from our garden.
- Press the banana.
- Mix the linseed and oat flour with the water.
- Add cinnamon for flavour.
- If required, add almond milk, rice milk, or soya drink.
- Fry in frying pan with oil or soya butter
- Serve with fruits and enjoy.
Protein pancakes are delicious, simple to prepare and perfect for any meal times. Whether sweet or hearty, protein pancakes can be prepared in any variation you like.
I only recommend things that I love myself. These recipes are definitely approved by me! I would love to hear your feedback, so feel free to leave a comment below, or come visit on my blog.
Your Jana (: