Do you also know that urge for something fresh and easy?
Something that is quickly prepared? Salad is excellent for this. Without variety, however, it quickly gets boring. When I get home in the evening, and want to prepare myself something quickly, I often face the same problem. Green salad all the time is too boring for me.
I started experimenting with different salad ingredients, and realized that when it comes to preparing salad, there are no set limits. You can be creative, and combine fruit and vegetables, for example, or experiment with grains. Couscous, quinoa, and many more cereals are ideal for a fancy salad. By eating salads, our vitality level in our blood increases. You’re not only provided with Vitamin C, but also with plenty of iron. Vitamin E also protects us against the attack of free radicals, ie aging and disease. The various types of salads are quite different. Radiccio, for example, has anti-inflammatory properties, and is considered to reduce the risk of cancer.
Today, I’m introducing my 3 favorites recipes for unusual salads, which you should definitely try as well!
- ½ cup couscous
- ½ red peppers
- ½ cup runner beans
- ½ cup of corn
- 2 spring onions
- ½ cup of lemon juice
- ½ feta cheese
- salt and pepper
- 2 tbsp. Sour cream
- olive oil
- Cook the couscous according to the pack.
- Put it on the side, and let it cool.
- Cut the peppers into cubes.
- Finely chop the spring onions and the coriander.
- Mix the peppers, beans, corn, spring onions, coriander, and the lemon juice in a large bowl.
- For the dressing, mix 2 tbsp of sour cream with a little olive oil, white wine, balsamic, and, if desired, add some lemon juice.
- Season to taste with salt, pepper, and salad herbs.
- 2 courgettes
- 1 apple
- ½ cantaloupe
- 1 freshly squeezed lemon
- ¼ cup juice of pomegranate
- 2 tsp olive oil
- 2 tsp white wine
- 1 tsp honey
- Salt, pepper, and other spices to taste
- In a shaker, mix the pomegranate juice with oil, vinegar, honey, and the spices, and shake.
- Using a broad vegetable peel, peel the courgettes thinly.
- Cut the apple into thin slices, and place them in the lemon juice
- In a bowl, combine the courgettes with the apple slices, melon pieces, walnuts, and pomegranate seeds.
- Pour the pomegranate dressing over it, and season with salt and pepper. If you want, add other spices to taste.
- 1 small Radicchio
- ½ celettu
- 1 corn salad
- 250 g shrimps
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 tsp freshly ground ginger root
- 225 g cherry tomatoes, quartered or halved
- 4 tbsp roasted sesame seeds
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp white wine
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp rosemary, finely chopped
- Salt, freshly ground pepper, and salad herbs (optional)
- Place the salads in a large salad bowl.
- For the dressing, mix all the ingredients in a shaker, shake, and set aside.
- Defrost the shrimps, and dab them dry.
- Heat the olive oil in a pan, then fry the prawns until they are slightly browned.
- Now take the pan from the stove, and add the spring onions, garlic, and freshly grated ginger.
- Add the prawns and the spring onions to the salad, and mix everything with the dressing.
- Sauté the sesame seeds briefly in a pan, sprinkle them over it, and your salad is ready.